SA, Product Designer — IBG
You will be working closely with stakeholders and fellow designers within DBS Institutional Banking Group (IBG). The things you design will meet the needs of a range of customers from small sole-proprietorships to large global institutions with different departments and army of staff of varying levels with different needs.
- You'll spend time with our wonderful research team. Together you'll translate user insights into tangible designs that address customer needs while meeting the business goals of the project.
- More often than not, You'll check on the latest relevant data, including product performance or revenue models, to get a better understanding of the problem and meet the stakeholders to redefine the problem statement.
- Once you know where you're going, it's time to tackle the behemoth tech systems and legal restrictions of a bank. Product manager will become your best friend. You'll message the tech lead more than your parents. You'll get a crash course in finance law. You will work closely with these buddies to help identify and prioritise their near and long term goals, and work out a product roadmap and strategy with them.
- We want to hire people who have opinions, believe in their ideas and are willing to fight for them. But we also want people who can recognise when a better argument or solution is put before them. All of us participate in user testing, and so will you.
- Produce work you are proud of. This is where your craft comes in. Depending on the demands of the project, you should be familiar with creating user journey maps, service design blueprints, work on information architecture, produce wireframes and clickable prototypes for user validation sessions.
- We do respect the privacy of people with headphones-on, trying to avoid eye contact. So you'll have the time to focus on your stuff.
- Like we said, producing good work is not good enough if it doesn't get built. You will meet stakeholders from different departments and articulate your ideas so clearly that you'll become an honorary Toastmaster.
- Before you know it, it will be Friday and time for team dinner, drinks or Creative Day (we do something fun and creative together once a month).
- We have senior and junior positions. Let us know what kind of role you're looking for when you apply.
- You can brainstorm the next big thing one moment and still tweak pixels right before launch.
- You have the ability to prioritise (you don't focus on illustrations if the UX looks like a love child between Frankenstein and Krusty the Clown).
- You work smart and are ready to improve processes.
- You have enough curiosity to stay savvy about industry and UX trends.
- You have confidence in your ideas and the ability to communicate them clearly.
- You follow through—when built, your designs actually look and work like they should. You monitor products after launch and are ready to suggest improvements.
- You have a burning desire to make things better and don’t accept non-answers like “that’s just the way it has always been”.
- You actively contribute to the UX community.
- You're kind of a behavioural science geek.
- You have personal pet projects you work on for fun in your free time.
Your team and career
- You will be working closely with stakeholders and fellow designers within DBS Institutional Banking Group (IBG). The things you design will meet the needs of a range of customers from small sole-proprietorships to large global institutions with different departments and army of staff of varying levels with different needs.
- This role is reporting to the Head of Design for IBG, who in turn reports to DBS Chief Design Officer. Depending on your career aspirations, you can continue to grow by pursuing perfection in your craft as an individual contributor or take on managerial responsibilities as a design manager.
Write to us with your portfolio and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org